What is Reiki?
Reiki is an ancient Japanese healing technique based on the principle that the therapist channels energy into the client via means of touch, activating a natural internal healing process that helps balance and restore physical and emotional well-being.
What are the benefits to
One of the greatest Reiki healing health benefits is stress reduction and relaxation, which triggers the body’s natural healing abilities (immune system), aids in better sleep and improves and maintains health.
1. One of the greatest Reiki healing health benefits is stress reduction and relaxation, which triggers the body’s natural healing abilities (immune system), aids in better sleep and improves and maintains health.
2. Reiki helps bring about inner peace and harmony. It can be valuable tool in the quest for spiritual growth.
3. Reiki also balances the mind and emotions. Regular Reiki treatments can bring about a calmer and more peaceful state of being, in which a person is better able to cope with everyday stress. This mental balance also enhances learning, memory and mental clarity. Reiki can heal mental/emotional wounds, work through dysfunction In more severe situations, Reiki can help alleviate mood swings, fear, frustration and even anger.
4. Reiki can also strengthen and heal personal relationships. Because Reiki enhances your capability to love, it can open you up to the people around you and help your relationships grow. By improving your capacity for empathy, Reiki allows you to connect with people on a deeper level.
5. Reiki offers relief during emotional distress and sorrow. Reiki helps in the grieving process. It cleans and clears the emotions, preventing them from being so draining and offers perspective.
6. On the physical level, Reiki helps to relieve pain from migraine, arthritis, sciatica ~ just to name a few. It also helps with symptoms of asthma, chronic fatigue, menopausal symptoms, and insomnia.
7. Reiki speeds up recovery from surgery or long-term illness. As it helps in adjusting to medicine/treatment, it also tends to reduce side-effects. For example, Chemo-therapy patients who received Reiki noticed a marked decrease in side effects from treatment.
8. Reiki can be an effective way to treat immediate problems, such as physical or mental illness (recovery from surgery, but regular treatments can also improve overall health. By helping to maintain a state of physical and emotional balance, Reiki can not only treat problems, but perhaps even prevent them from
What does a typical Reiki treatment look like?
Unlike a massage, the client remains clothed and lies face up in a relaxed position. During a typical Reiki session, the therapist places their hands on specific areas of the body, from the top of the head to the feet, in order to channel energy towards blockages that may have occurred within the body.
Most Reiki sessions last about an hour, and here at Ki Health and Wellness we provide each client with a take-home healing log that discusses any findings the therapist may have. These 'finding' are a vital part of the healing process.